We will depart Marrakech at 09:00 for the 60 km drive to the Ourika Valley. Populated primarily by Berbers who maintain a traditional mountain lifestyle, this beautiful valley has retained its original charm and ambience despite its proximity to Marrakech. On the way we will visit Douar Tafza, a Berber Ecomuseum that celebrates Berber culture through a fine collection of photographs, pottery, jewelry, carpets and weavings.
Next on the route is Setti Fatma, the last village accessible by paved roads and the starting point for trekking to the surrounding mountains. We will have the opportunity to hike the most popular and least arduous trail along the mountain stream to experience its seven consecutive waterfalls (good hiking shoes are a necessity!).
Lunch will be served alongside the river, on the terrace of a small traditional restaurant. You will also have the chance to visit a female coop producing argan oil on the way back. Our return trip to Marrakech will be highlighted by a drive through the Red City’s famous palm grove, with an arrival back at your hotel around 17:30.
- • Transport in air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle or minivan with driver
- • Guided visit of the sites
- • Lunch in a restaurant
- • Soft drinks during lunch
- • Refreshments in the vehicle during the journey
- • Short distance from Marrakech(around 1.5 hours’ drive)
- • Hike the waterfalls in Setti Fatma …..
- • Panorama of Berber villages ….
- • Everything is included in the price, no additional cost …
• The most popular daytrip from Marrakech….
• Winding Road ……
• Comfortable hiking shoes ……