We will depart Marrakech at 8:30 and head in the direction of Chichaua, with a short stop in Sidi Al Mokhtar. We will pass by many argan tree plantations on the journey and we will stop in a female coop producing the prescious argan oil, giving you a chance to appreciate this crop that is unique to the area. Essaouira is an ancient port city on the Atlantic Coast, 180 km from Marrakech, and it is renowned for its excellent windsurfing and kite surfing beaches.
It has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site and with about 70,000 inhabitants, the town is a well loved destination both for locals and tourists. The walls that surround the old city are a reminder of the period of Portuguese occupation, and the Cornish of Essaouira is exquisitely beautiful.
Another unique site is La Scala, which you will discover just minutes from a charming cafe that caters to lovers of Gnawa music. After lunch in a restaurant you will be able to discover the Medina famed for its multiple crafts like woodworking, inlay, leather, copper and Souiri crafts as well as fish and spice markets, bustling souks and relaxing cafes. After a full day spent enjoying these and other Essaouira treasures, we will head back to Marrakesh around 19:30.
• Transportation in air-conditioned 4×4 vehicle or minivan with driver
• Guided tours of all the visited monuments
• Guided tour of the medina
• Visit to an Argan cooperative
• Lunch in a restaurant on a panoramic terrace
• Non-alcoholic drinks during meals
• Refreshments in the vehicle throughout the journey
Important to know
• Discovery of the Atlantic coast ….
• Visit the charming old town …..
• Crossing the argan forests ….
• Relaxing on the beach ….
• Everything is included in the price, no additional cost …
• Often windy …